HD HYUNDAI SAMHO is building a dream, with first-class shipbuilding and marine products that meet the needs of the 21st century.

Press Releases

HSHI carried out commissioning of LNG carrier with their first ME-GI engine.

• Author 관리자
  • Creation Date 2018-09-20
  • View 4,637
- HI-ERS, re-liquefaction device for Boil-off gas (BOG) is applied for the first time in HHI group.

Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries is constructing for the first time LNG carrier equipped with natural gas propulsion (ME-GI) engine and evaporative gas re-liquefaction device (HI-ERS) during operation.

The commissioning was held in the southwest sea. Various tests such as engine, speed, boiler inspection, lifeboat launch were conducted.
The vessel undergoing the commissioning was ordered by Teekay, Canadian Shipowner and it has 294 meters long, 47.5 meters wide and 21 meters deep.

This vessel is especially equipped with ME-GI engine and HI-ERS facility.
ME-GI engine is a two-stroke engine that can be combined with gas intake and compression, explosion and exhaust, and is favored by recent owners due to its strength in terms of cost and fuel economy.
HI-ERS compress gas that is evaporated from the cargo hold to the high pressure, and sends it back to the cargo hold.

On the other hand, the vessel will be delivered by January next year after gas trial to ship the actual gas at the end of next month.